Sunday, April 8, 2012

23 weeks & Happy Easter

Everett is doing great, growing by the day and certainly moving, jumping and kicking a lot...I think even more than Avery at this point. My last doctor's appointment was our anatomy scan about 4 weeks ago, and everything looked great. We were guaranteed (for the 3rd time) that we are 100% having a boy. Jake is pumped and so am I. We have bought everything for his room and in about 6 weeks, when Avery's big girl furniture gets here, we are going to set up the nursery. Everett was measuring right on track in size at this point, which is good news if we want to attempt a VBAC.

This pregnancy is going by 10 times faster than Avery's. It is so hard to believe that we are already at 23 weeks. Everything has been going very smoothly. I started having braxton hicks contractions at about 14 weeks and experience at least 10 or so a day, but the doctor said no need for concern. I do have a low lying anterior placenta, which is being watched closely by the doctors and will probably be checked again in a few weeks.

I have been super active with this pregnancy, teaching 2 classes per week and training 5 clients per week as well. On top of that I try to get to the gym 2 times a week and walk Saki and Avery 1.5 miles 3 times per week. However, even with that....I am gaining weight SO fast. I am already at 20 pounds and I pretty sure I will put another 25-30 on, if the weight comes on as fast as it has in the past few weeks. I'm not overly concerned, but it kind of sucks. I cannot even imagine how big I would be if I was not active, ha ha.

My vice, as with last time, is frozen yogurt. They just opened a place up about 1 mile from the house and needless to say, we have earned a few free yogurts from filling up our punch cards;) But hey, it is better than coldstone-which is what we ate when I was pregnant with Avery.

No comments:

Post a Comment